You may have some ideas about what can and cannot happen during the winter. Unfortunately, like a lot of assumptions or generally believed ideas, they might not always be right. It’s important to ensure your thoughts about your dental care and oral health are completely based on fact, so you can make sure you are ready to protect your smile now and throughout the entire year. The last thing you want is to realize when it’s too late that you could have kept your teeth and gums safe if you’d known just a bit more.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: You need to protect your delicate lip skin (and all other skin, too) over the course of the winter from the sunlight. Cancer can affect your skin and oral health all year long.
- True or False: You’re only likely to experience dehydration and related issues like dry mouth during the summer. The rest of the year, you don’t sweat enough.
- True or False: Broken teeth are less likely during the winter season because you are less active. Oral health damage usually happens when it’s warm.
- True. It’s absolutely just as possible to end up with burned and sun damaged lips and skin during winter as it is during the summer. Remember that sun protection is important all year.
- False. It’s not only about sweating. You can also end up with dry mouth (and can even end up truly dehydrated) in the winter. You have to remember to keep moisture in your body up, through drinking water and more.
- False. Oral health concerns are just as likely during the winter. Remember that many people remain active during the winter and that there are other factors, such as your dental care and the foods you eat, that can play a role in damage.
See Our Team This Winter For Your Care!
Don’t overlook the fact that you need prevention twice a year. If you’re not caught up on dental visits, call us today to schedule one! To schedule an appointment or initial consultation, call Advanced Dental Concepts in Auburn Hills, MI today at (248) 852-1820.