You might feel like you’ve definitely heard about TMJ disorder (TMD) and you figure it has something to do with your jaw joints. However, beyond that particular detail, you may also notice that you aren’t really sure about much else. As a result, when someone asks you if you are suffering from TMD, you aren’t certain how to answer. Avoid this problem and instead, learn some new information about this functional issue associated with your jaw health. It can guide you toward jaw joints that remain safe and in good condition for years to come!
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: If you have TMD, you will know it immediately. Your jaw joints will hurt and you’ll know it’s TMJ disorder.
- True or False: The symptoms of TMD can radiate, which means instead of only affecting your TMJs, the problem may affect nearby areas, such as your head, neck, shoulders, and back.
- True or False: If you don’t treat your TMJ concern immediately, you are opening yourself up to serious damage.
- False. TMJ disorder is not so cut and dry. It’s possible that you will have discomfort in your jaw joints. However, it’s also possible that you will not recognize the problem because you have other types of symptoms but not jaw pain.
- True. Pain in your head, your shoulders, your neck, and your back can most certainly point to a potential problem with your TMJs.
- True. The sooner you see us for TMJ treatment, the better you can protect your jaw joints from inflammation, discomfort, and damage.
Protect Your Smile With TMJ Treatment If You Need It
If you suspect that you’re having a problem with your TMJs, it is always to your advantage to see us to learn more about your jaw health and whether you require treatment. To schedule an appointment or initial consultation, call Advanced Dental Concepts in Auburn Hills, MI today at (248) 852-1820.